The very popular SW-AB-LONG AEG MOSFET switch has active braking, built-in automatically resetting thermal fuse, pre-attached wires, and fits in the present fuse holder space. ($55.00)
The SW-AB is a MOSFET switch designed to remove the high current load from the standard AEG mechanical switch. It has an active motor brake circuit to bring the motor to a stop very quickly. The LONG version is designed to fit into the fuse area of many guns and the switch has its own built-in resettable 20 amp thermal fuse. Two #16 12 inch battery wires, two #16 24 inch motor wires, and two #20 24 inch trigger switch wires are pre-attached to the PC board.
Size = 0.6 x 0.5 x 2.0 inches
Fuse Current = 20 Amps
Voltage = 8 to 16 VDC
Peak Current = 160 Amps
Active breaking time = 100mS
1. Full active braking that is gentle enough not to harm the motor but still stops the motor very quickly.
2. Fully assembled, production tested, and serial numbered.
3. Built in 20 amp automatically resetting thermal fuse.
4. All wires supplied and attached to the PC board.
5. Built in heatsink.
6. The MOSFETs are fully protected against voltage spikes from the motor.
7. It is almost impossible to cross conduct the MOSFETs.
8. Fully protected against static discharge.
9. Advanced break timing circuit.
10. The circuit draws no current when not triggered.
11. The trigger circuit needs considerable current to turn on preventing false firing from condensation, grease, etc.
12. Uses surface mount parts to minimize size.
13. Very tolerant of bad wiring, bad layout, noise, etc.
14. Failure of the active breaking MOSFET can't turn the gun uncontrollably on.
15. New low heating trip circuit prevents damage under very long term short circuit conditions.
For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Note: These products assume the buyer is able to disassemble and
reassemble the AEG andespecially the mechbox fairly easily. Rewiring and
soldering are needed for installation as well as some electrical and
Steve's Webpages 2007